Sunday, July 02, 2006

the big 30

Went to Osaka got drunk and took some pics. Yeah I should be told old for this childish behavior but its still fun.

So I have been putting off writing anything for a while but today I plan on playing catchup. Osaka was a fun town it reminds me of San Franciso a bit except for the language thing and everyone is Japanese. I went with my buddy Tim to meet up with some of our fellow Aeon co-workers. We started off eating Yakiniku or Japanse barbacue and drinking sho-chu or japanese vodka. It was still technically July 1st when I got to Osaka so it was Canada day and all Canadians got into this bar for free. I followed my friends lead and just pretended to be Canadian, threw in a few "Thanks aye how ya doing aye" and got in for free no problem.

We met some girls that spoke English pretty well and had fun dancing with them. But somewhere in the night I made this girl drink an an irish car bomb but the guy made it differently than normal and I got really sick. After that I wasnt doing so good so I had to sober up.

So we decided to go home but the trains were closed so we had to get a bite to eat and spend the next hour or so screwing around in the station waiting for the trains to open. I got some great shots of Tim attempting to show off his gymnastics abilities on the train. The old people were not amused but it was pretty funny. He also wanted a good pick up line for these girl in the station so I told him to say he was an assassin (ore ga koroshiya) and wants to know the best place to kill someone. The rest of the day was nostalgic of coming home from Vegas after a long weekend of partying.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woooo hoooooo!! happy 30th birthday kevin!!

~shir

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn you're old.

jeremiah

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you alive?

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THanks for the update Kevin

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy sh*t. Ultra belated birthday to you Kevin. I didn't find this blog until I looked back at my old saved emails. How are you doing, fool? Same ol same ol back here. Darren, Vicky, James and I went to Tahoe last weekend and caught some fishies. James caught like 2 of them (like Vicky said, it's a "white man's world"). Anyways, we miss you and before you know it, you'll be back here getting drunk and eating pizza again.

Michelle

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home