Saturday, June 03, 2006

communication systems online


So I just got my cell phone and yes it is soo cool. So cool, that I cant use or understand most of the functions. haha

pic of my phone (left image) but mine is black


So the highlights include a 4 megapixel camera, yes thats right 4 megapixels with camera on both the outside and inside of the phone. The inside camera is for video conferencing so you can talk and see the person at the same time. You can also take videos and pictures like normal cameras.

It has a plug in for some sort of data storing device where you can have songs on your phone and use it as an ipod or music player. Of course I dont know how to use it yet so I have no music on my phone.

I also I have slot to add a credit card device that can be used to pay for dinner and other items at the department store.

My phone is bluetooth compatible and has a nextel type option but I dont have enough friends to use it yet.

So what can I do with my phone, not too much but I do know how to call and email people. The phone plans in Japan are extremely expensive and minutes are really low for expensive prices per month. So everyone emails each other or text messages each other. Text message is called sms or short message something and each phone comes with its own email. So my phone email is ksokada @ docomo.ne.jp and everyone emails me to save cost. The only problem is I have to download an english dictionary to get a
T9 type text messaging so it takes forever to type anything. All the buttons are set for japanese not english and the dictionary changes all words to Kanji and katakana.

I have tiger woods golf, sonic the hedgehog on my phone and a bunch of applications that I can't read what they do.

The other phone I wanted had a thumbprint id for using the paypal type device but mine just has a pin number. Other phones come with TV standard but since I cant understand Japanese TV I decided it was a waste of money. So when I figure out my phone a little bit better I can report on how to use it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In July 2007, the US just announced it's 3 megapixel camera.

I'll be many Japanese phones already have this

http://www.physorg.com/news71405963.html

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home