Monday, May 15, 2006

first night out drinking

So suprise surprise...I had my first night out drinking.

So our trainer had to show us where the supermarket was and how to buy food. Don't laugh because you would be the same way. When is the last time you had no idea where the grocery store was and when you got there you had no idea what anything was. It took me like 5 mins to read all the labels on the milk and find out which one I wanted. I'm still not sure which one I got but when I drank it, it tasted like milk. So after watching Lost in Translation I just had to try Sunatory Whisky for quite times. Of course I drank half the bottle by myself pre partying with my new friends. Seemed like a good idea at the time!!

Then we went to an all you can drink place. Thats right all you can drink, they would never have that in America because with my friends the place would be broke. It was 1200 yen or about $12 for 90 minutes. We left there after about an hour but that was enough. I learned a few drinking terms like "Sugai" slang for fuck yeah when drinking or Gozoropu shimi wataru which has no translation but means something like this is so refreshing it is moving through out my body. We yelled this after chugging your beer. We then went to sing Karaoke and drink more. Karaoke here is all you can drink and sing by the hour. It cost us about $25 for 2 plus hours. This is when the night gets alittle fuzzy. I carried my new friend Dushan who weighs like 220lbs around and we tried to borrow a bike to take home. But my new friend Tim from Englad said we were being "dodgy" and we shouldnt be taking peoples bikes. Voice of reason turned on and we left the bike.

So I then pushed my friend Chris from Canada into a bunch of girls because he had a t-shirt that says accepting applications for a japanese girlfriend. I have the same shirt in blue. It didnt work because I pushed him too hard and he hit the pavement. I felt really bad, so sorry Chris.

We then proceeded to wander around the town and I waved to girls driving down the street. Some girls pulled over and starting talking to us. I was cold so I asked if I could hang out in there car. Really I was cold, I swear...I packed all my jackets in my other bag and everyone told me that japan is super hot in May. Then Dushan and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to convince these girls to drive us home but Dushan has no game. Oh well, it made a good story. I wish I had a picture of that.

Web Site Counter

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah Owyang said...

" It didnt work because I pushed him too hard and he hit the pavement. I felt really bad, so sorry Chris."

Pretty funny, and somewhat expected since you're a black belt, both in real life and at the bar.

Pretty funny man

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALERT!!

japanese girls be aware of american boy, he looks japanese! will push friends to pavement and sneak into girl's cars to bum a ride

~shirshir~

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home